Throughout its life, the Melbourne Athenaeum Library has provided Melburnians with access to a hand-picked collection of books and reading material, and made a significant contribution to the cultural fabric of Melbourne over its 175-year history. Today it offers the latest in books, magazines, newspapers, DVDs, audio books and eBooks in a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere.
Become a member and become part of Melbourne's history. Members enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- access to Victoria's finest collections of biography and crime fiction (not to mention the rest of our collection)
- a warm, friendly, historic library offering a relaxing space to read or write in the heart of the city
- regular activities including author talks, book clubs and a screen club featuring old and new titles
- a growing collection of eBooks and technical advice on using eReaders and tablets
- free internet, WiFi and use of Ipads in the library
- an extensive online catalogue to search, place holds, renew loans and request book purchases
Library members pay a yearly subscription of $99 ($89 concession). To join this wonderful institution, click here.
Photos by Peter Ittak