The library has a wide collection of both fiction and non-fiction titles from OverDrive which can be accessed through the library's online catalogue from anywhere in the world.
Supported Devices New eBooks Popular eBooks
By logging in with your username and password you will have 24/7 access to our eBook collection.
OverDrive is a quick and easy way to access eBooks. It's simple — just follow the link to the catalogue, login with your library card number and password, download and enjoy.
- Maximum 4 loans
- 4 reservations
- 21 day loan period
- No renewals (titles can be returned early)
To borrow on an eReader (via PC):
- On your computer, download Adobe Digital Editions and register.
- Download eBooks from the Library's OverDrive catalogue.
- Plug your eReader into you computer and transfer the eBooks from Adobe Digital editions to your eReader.
To borrow on tablet/smartphone:
- Download the OverDrive app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- When you first open the app, select 'The Melbourne Athenaeum Library' as your library.
- To browse and borrow, the app brings you to the OverDrive page on the library website. To borrow you will need to log in with your library card number and password.
- You can now borrow eBooks from the overdrive collection. After downloading an eBook, return to the app bookshelf to read.
You can also find more detailed information at help.overdrive.com